St. Paul, AB
Position type: Part-time continuous
Compensation: $13.60 – $60 per hour – negotiable, upon relevant experience and qualifications
Closing date: Until suitable applicant is found
About the Position:
St. Paul & District Arts Foundation is hiring a part-time, continuous Piano Instructor to develop and manage a music program that fit within the foundation’s mandate. The foundation has one position available, available as a workshop to workshop basis, full 30 week course, and another as an 8-week short course. Workshops and courses are available to youths aged 6 – 18 years of age, with opportunities to teach adults.
The Piano Teacher will be responsible for developing in each student an interest in and the ability for creative expression through reading music, using skills and techniques of piano playing; to discover and develop talents of students in the field of music.
The Piano Instructor will perform all or some of the following Job description:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach workshops, classes, and/or 8 week short courses to ages 6 – 18
- Teach knowledge and skills related to piano playing.
- Provide instruction by which students develop skills in piano
- Understand the versatility of various piano pieces:
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to the needs of students with varying intellectual ability, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities.
- Instruct students in proper care and use of tools and materials
- Prepare students for public exhibit of prepared pieces
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Administration
Qualifications and Skills
- Criminal Record check
- Vulnerable Sector check
Experience and education considered an asset.
The ideal candidate will be able to work onsite and/or virtually as restrictions require.
HOW TO APPLY
If you have any questions, call us at 780-645-2781.