Irish Dance Instructor
St. Paul, AB
Position type: Independent Contract, part-time
Compensation: $15 – $60 per hour CAD – negotiable, upon relevant experience and qualifications
Closing date: Until suitable applicant is found
About the Position:
Located approximately 200 km Northeast of Edmonton and 160 km Northwest of Lloydminster, the St. Paul & District Arts Foundation operates out of its home, the Maggie Porozni Foundation for the ARTS Building. The building includes a gallery, 2 dance studios, vocal studio, art room, Artist in Residency room, office, and waiting room. The St. Paul & District Arts Foundation is a registered charity and arts education centre focused on youth in St. Paul and surrounding areas. We provide educational programming in visual, theatrical, dance, music, circus, and literary arts. We are committed to the presence and contributions of all persons regardless of age, culture, abilities, bodies, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation and gender identity, marital status, nationality, race, religion, or socioeconomic status.
Mandate: To advance education by providing structured programs regarding visual, theatrical, dance, music, and literary arts, and by providing opportunities for students to publicly exhibit and present their skills; To advance the public’s appreciation of the arts by providing high-quality artistic performance in public venues accessible to members of the community; and To undertake activities ancillary and incidental to the aforementioned charitable purposes.
Values: Fairness – We demonstrate diversity, equity, and accessibility in our programs and operations. Creativity – We encourage and support artistic curiosity, courage, and imagination. Community – We work in service to our community, by reaching out, building relationships, and providing programs that are inclusive. Education – We provide opportunities for learning and opportunities for teaching. Vision We bring community together to make art happen.
Mission: Providing a home for making, learning, and appreciating art in all its forms.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Instructor will perform all or some of the following Job description:
- Support the St. Paul & District Arts Foundation mandate, mission, and vision.
- Work collaboratively with the board of directors, artistic directors, and other instructors
- Plan, organize and deliver a high quality Irish Dance program
- Lead participants of all ages through a fun, safe, and educational dance experience.
- Keep current with industry trends and class formats
- Teach an 8 week short courses for adults and/or 30 class full program to ages 6 – 18
- Teach knowledge and skills in Irish dance
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to the needs of students with varying intellectual, physical, and artistic ability, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities.
- Instruct students in proper form and safe techniques
- Prepare students for public exhibit(s) of choreographed dance
- Provide a high level of front line customer service including greeting and engaging participants
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (e.g. attendance, incident/accident reports)
- Maintain a safe and tidy program space ensuring equipment is set-up and stored appropriately
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce policies implemented by the St. Paul & District Arts Foundation
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the board of directors
Note: The St. Paul & District Arts Foundation will be responsible for administrative tasks including, registration, communication to program participants, and advertising.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Criminal Record check
- Vulnerable Sector check
- Experience in Irish dance
Experience and education are considered assets.
HOW TO APPLY
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please email your cover letter and resume to . We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to sign a written employment contract.
If you have any questions, call us at 780-645-2781.