Arts Administrative/Program Assistant (Summer Student)
Organization: St. Paul & District Arts Foundation in St. Paul, Alberta
Deadline: June 30, 2020
Position type: Temporary – July 6, 2020 to August 28, 2020 ( 8 weeks)
Compensation: $15 per hour, CAD; This position is supported by the Canada Summer Jobs program. Working hours will be 30 hours per week for 8 weeks.
Eligibility: this position is open to students and youth 15 to 30 years of age who are interested in gaining work experience in the arts or administration.
Reports to: Arts Foundation Chair (supervisor) & Board of Directors
The St. Paul & District Arts Foundation:
Located approximately 200 km Northeast of Edmonton and 160 km Northwest of Lloydminster, the St. Paul & District Arts Foundation operates out of its home, the Maggie Porozni Foundation for the Arts Building. The building includes a gallery, 2 dance studios, vocal studio, art room, Artist in Residency room, office, and waiting room. The St. Paul & District Arts Foundation is a registered charity and arts education centre focused on youth in St. Paul and surrounding areas. The St. Paul & District Arts Foundation operates to provide educational programming in visual, theatrical, dance, music, circus, and literary arts; opportunities for students to publicly exhibit and present their skills; and opportunities to advance public appreciation of the arts. The ST. PAUL & DISTRICT ARTS FOUNDATION is committed to the presence and contributions of all persons regardless of age, culture, abilities, bodies, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation and gender identity, marital status, nationality, race, religion, or socioeconomic status.
The successful applicant will perform all or some of the following job description:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the St. Paul & District Arts Foundation mission and vision
- Receptionist duties including greeting visitors, answering phone calls, making phone calls, taking and distributing messages, handling inquiries, and providing requested material in a timely and professional manner
- Help with program registration.
- Create promotional material for art workshops, classes and fundraising events
- Distributing promotional material for educational programming across digital platforms and social media
- Administer COVID screening questions and documentation
- Maintain electronic and manual filing systems for program registration;
- Ensure all personal information is handled confidentially, accurately, and appropriately.
- Maintain a clean and organized facility in accordance with provincial guidelines for COVID-19.
- Assist board members and volunteers with other related duties
- Assist with grant writing
- Attend board meetings
- Report any incidents to the supervisor
- Complete special projects, assist with organization-wide special events, and perform other duties, as assigned by the supervisor or board of directors
Qualifications and Skills
The successful applicant will be dependable and professional and have:
- a passion for the arts
- attention to detail
- good organizational skills
- the ability to work without supervision and as part of a team
- strong communication and customer service skills
- computer literacy, and experience with new technologies
- Effective problem solving and time-management skills
Though it is not required, the ideal candidate will also have experience with:
- Answering phones
- preparing written documentations/presentations/spreadsheets
- graphic design or advertising
- basic file management
- an office environment in an administrative capacity
- social media platforms
- Not-for-profit or charitable organizations
- Post-secondary education related to business administration, education, or arts
- The applicant:
- is between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- was registered as a full-time student in the current academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident; and
- is legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Must provide a Criminal Record check and Vulnerable Sector check
All required physical distancing protocols will be strictly adhered to.
HOW TO APPLY