St. Paul, AB
Position type: Part-time continuous
Compensation: $13.60 – $60 per hour – negotiable, upon relevant experience and qualifications
Closing date: Until suitable applicant is found
About the Position:
St. Paul & District Arts Foundation is hiring a part-time, continuous Literature Instructor to develop and manage a literature program that fit within the foundation’s mandate. The foundation has two positions available, one as a workshop to workshop basis and another as an 8-week short course. Workshops and courses are available to youths aged 6 – 18 years of age, with opportunities to teach adults.
The Literature Teacher will be responsible for developing in each student an interest in and the ability for creative expression through written works, using skills and techniques of artistic expression; to discover and develop talents of students in the field of literature.
The Literature Instructor will perform all or some of the following Job description:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach workshops and/or 8 week short courses to ages 6 – 18
- Teach knowledge and skills in a variety of writing styles, such as poetry, creative writing, fiction, and comic book writing.
- Provide instruction by which students develop writing concepts and appreciations and the ability to make quality written works
- Participants will gain a deeper understanding of their voice as writers.
- Understand the versatility of various writing forms:
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to the needs of students with varying intellectual ability, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities.
- Instruct students in proper care and use of tools and materials
- Prepare students for public exhibit of final written works
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Administration
Qualifications and Skills
- Criminal Record check
- Vulnerable Sector check
Experience and education considered an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your cover letter and resume to
If you have any questions, call us at 780-645-2781.