Irish Dance Instructor
St. Paul, AB
Position type: Part-time continuous
Compensation: $Minimum wage – $60 per hour – negotiable, upon relevant experience and qualifications
Closing date: Until suitable applicant is found
About the Position:
St. Paul & District Arts Foundation is hiring a part-time, continuous Irish Dance Instructor to plan, organize, and implement a high quality Irish Dance program that fit within the foundation’s mandate. The foundation has the following position options available, one as an 8-week short course and another as a 30 class full semester. Both class options are available to youths aged 6 – 18 years of age, with opportunities to teach adults.
The Instructor will be responsible for developing an interest in and the ability for creative expression in each student and to discover and develop talents of students in the dance, using the skills and techniques of Irish dance.
The Instructor will perform all or some of the following Job description:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan, organize and deliver high quality safe and stimulating lessons for all levels of participants
- Keep current with industry trends and class formats
- Teach an 8 week short courses and/or 30 class full program to ages 6 – 18
- Teach knowledge and skills in Irish dance
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to the needs of students with varying intellectual, physical, and artistic ability, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities.
- Instruct students in proper form and safe techniques
- Prepare students for public exhibit(s) of choreographed dance
- Provide a high level of front line customer service including greeting and engaging participants
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (e.g. attendance, incident/accident reports)
- Maintain a safe and tidy program space ensuring equipment is set-up and stored appropriately
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce policies implemented by the St. Paul & District Arts Foundation
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Administration
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Criminal Record check
- Vulnerable Sector check
- Experience in Irish dance
Experience and education are considered assets.
HOW TO APPLY
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please email your cover letter and resume to . We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to sign a written employment contract.
If you have any questions, call us at 780-645-2781.