St. Paul, AB
Position type: Part-time continuous
Compensation: $13.60 – $60 per hour – negotiable, upon relevant experience and qualifications
Closing date: Until suitable applicant is found
About the Position:
St. Paul & District Arts Foundation is hiring a part-time, continuous Art Instructor to develop and manage an arts program that fit within the foundation’s mandate. The foundation has two positions available, one as a workshop to workshop basis and another as an 8-week short course. Workshops and courses are available to youths aged 6 – 18 years of age, with opportunities to teach adults.
The Art Instructor will be responsible for developing in each student an interest in and the ability for creative expression in visual terms, using skills and techniques of artistic expression; to develop aesthetic understandings and appreciations; to discover and develop talents of students in the field of art and design.
The Art Instructor will perform all or some of the following Job description:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach workshops and/or 8 week short courses to ages 6 – 18
- Teach knowledge and skills in art and design, including drawing and painting
- Provide instruction by which students develop aesthetic concepts and appreciations and the ability to make quality art works
- Demonstrate techniques in activities such as drawing and painting
- Understand the versatility of acrylic paints: dry brushing, staining, layering and underpainting.
- Knows and can apply elements of design and modern principles of art
- Knows the fundamentals and different approaches to drawing media technique
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to the needs of students with varying intellectual an artistic ability, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities.
- Instruct students in proper care and use of tools and materials
- Prepare students for public exhibit of final artistic works
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Administration
Qualifications and Skills
- Criminal Record check
- Vulnerable Sector check
Experience and education considered an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your cover letter and resume to
If you have any questions, call us at 780-645-2781.